Recent Why SERVPRO Posts
Why choose SERVPRO® of Tri-Cities, Plus
- Locally independently owned and operated, with the headquarters established in Chesterfield
- Consistently recognized in the top ten of 1,700 national locations
- Ranked 4th SERVPRO® Franchise in 2015
- Named Franchise of the Year in 2008
- More than 30 years of experience serving our local community
- Second largest franchise on the East Coast - Extreme Team Bahen
- Excellent reputation with homeowners, insurance companies, business owners, facility managers, local and state government agencies and commercial property management teams
Company and Technician Certifications
- NADCA – National Air Duct Cleaning Association
- EPA – Lead Certified Firm
- IAQA – Indoor Air quality Association
- IICRC – Institute of Inspection, Cleaning & Restoration
- CDS – Commercial Drying Specialist
- WRT – Water Damage Restoration
- ASCA – Air Systems Cleaning Specialist
- OSHA – OSHA Training and Compliance
- FSRT – Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration Technician
- AMRT – Applied Microbial Remediation Technician
- Plus many more
In the unfortunate event of a fire or water damage, call SERVPRO® of Tri-Cities, Plus. We Weill respond 24/7 with trained employees, state-of-the-art equipment and the resources required to perform emergency services to limit property damages.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Tri-Cities, Plus for Fall Cleaning
Everyone has heard of spring cleaning, but not everyone knows the importance of fall cleaning! This is the time of year to get your house ready for the fall and winter weather. Check out this handy checklist of what to do before the fall leaves and winter weather takes over.
- Vacuum all lamp shades
- Hand clean all light fixtures
- Check gutters, clean if needed
- Wash windows and make sure they are sealed properly
- Have rugs professionally cleaned by SERVPRO of Tri-Cities, Plus
- Wipe out kitchen and bathroom cabinets
- Test smoke & carbon monoxide detectors
- Wipe out window wells
- Sweep out garage
- Clean and store patio furniture
- Clean or replace shower liners
- Clean washing machine
- Clean dishwasher
- Go through food pantry
- Clean oven
- Clean and organize closets
- Clean grill
And last but not least, purge! Donate what you don’t need, wear, or use.
If you don't want to take on the fall cleaning yourself and you would like to have your house professionally and thoroughly cleaned, call SERVPRO of Tri-Cities, Plus for an estimate at 804.458.7290.
What To Do Until Help Arrives: Water Damage
Last night, Hurricane Michael made its way through central Virginia causing heavy rains and winds. Thousands across the area have lost power and have experienced flooded basements, crawl spaces, fallen trees on homes and businesses. Water damages like these can impact your home or business if it’s not addressed quickly.
Luckily, SERVPRO of Tri-Cities, Plus has the tools and man-power to address everyone’s issues as quickly as possible. However, since we cannot get to everyone at the same time, we can offer tips and measures to take while you wait for help to arrive.
What To Do Until Help Arrives:
- Shut off the source of water is possible
- Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas, when access to the power distribution panel is safe from electrical shock
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removing lamps and tabletop items
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting
- Remove to a safe, dry place any painting, art objects, computers, documents and other materials that are valuable or sensitive to moisture
- Use wooden clothespins to keep furniture skirting off damp floors
- Hang draperies with coated hangers to avoid contact with wet carpeting or floors
- Hang furs and leather goods to dry separately at room temperature.
SERVPRO of Tri-Cities, Plus will do everything to get to you as fast as possible and take care of your water damage. In the meantime, take these steps to safely save your affected furniture and personal items.
No Job Too Large
SERVPRO of Tri-Cities, Plus has just begun a large project right here in our warehouse. A company was carrying 1,200 pallets from overseas into the US when the pallets were exposed to heavy moisture and water. Needless to say, these pallets sitting in moisture for an extended period of time began to produce growth.
Our team was able to come up with a game plan to handle a job this large. The process consisted of cleaning, remediating and re-wrapping all 1,200 pallets. A 60 x 30 containment area filled with air scrubbers was constructed inside our warehouse to perform the necessary measures to get these pallets cleaned and free of mold. It was important to build a containment area to keep the air scrubbers working efficiently in a confined space.
If you has a small patch of mold in your house or 1,200 pallets covered in mold, choose the professionals at SERVPRO of Tri-Cities, Plus to handle your job the right way.